The St. Augustine Lighthouse & Maritime Museum will offer free admission for Veterans on Veterans Day, Sunday, November 11, as well as 10 percent off for their immediate family members. Free admission is also available for active military and their immediate family.
- Wrecked! The Story of a Revolutionary War Shipwreck
- At Home with the Harns: A Look Inside the Home of a Keeper Family
- Legends of the Light: Stories from the Lighthouse’s Past
- US Coast Guard Barracks from WWII with artwork depicting the US Coast Guard
OTHER THINGS TO DO
- Self-Guided St. Augustine Light Station Tour (climbing the tower)
- View from the Top video (for those who don’t climb and those under 44 inches)
- Behind the Scenes tour: on the hour from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Keepers’ House
- Heritage Boatworks: Building on Florida’s Maritime Heritage
- Northeast Florida Shrimping: Foundation of a Global Enterprise
- Maritime Hammock Nature Trails & Scavenger Hunt
- Archaeology Lab
- Pirate Ship Playground
- Hands-on children’s activities
- Gift shop with Lighthouse & Maritime items
The private non-profit Museum provides educational services to the community, supports at-risk children with camp opportunities, and funds a maritime archaeology program that studies shipwrecks in the waters of the Nation’s Oldest Port.
Hours are 9am to 6pm daily. Regular admission is $12.95 for adults; $10.95 for seniors and children under 12; free for children less than 44 inches (unable to climb the tower). Resident and Membership packages also are available.
For more details about the St. Augustine Lighthouse & Maritime Museum, visit www.staugustinelighthouse.org or call 904-829-0745.