This Labor Day Weekend (Saturday, August 31 through Monday, September 2), St. Johns County will be offering a free shuttle service to Mickler’s Beachfront Park and the St. Johns County Ocean and Fishing Pier from 10am to 4pm. The Mickler’s Beachfront Park shuttle will transport beach visitors between Cornerstone Park, 1046 A1A North, Ponte Vedra, and Mickler’s Beachfront Park, which provides direct access to the beach. The Pier shuttle will transport beach visitors between St. Augustine Beach City Hall, 2200 A1A South, and the Pier parking lot, which provides direct access to Pier amenities and the beach. The shuttles will run every 20 minutes with the final shuttles departing at 4pm.
Temporary vehicular traffic closures possible:Due to expected high tides, SJC beaches will experience temporary closures to vehicular traffic throughout the holiday weekend. Porpoise Point will be closed intermittently throughout the weekend during the morning hours at which point vehicles will be asked to vacate the beach by the St. Johns County Sherriff’s Office.
Help us maintain safe driving practices on SJC beaches by complying with the following rules:
- Vehicle traffic must remain in the designated driving lanes as identified by cones.
- Parking is allowed on west side of the driving lane between the cones and conservation zone.
- Vehicles are allowed to drive 10 mph on the beach.
- Traffic is southbound only between A Street Ramp and Crescent Beach Ramp. Vehicles can travel two-way from Crescent Beach for approximately 3.5 miles south before turning around again to exit at Crescent Ramp.
- All vehicles are required to stop at all beach ramps and yield to all pedestrians.
- Soft sand conditions may exist. Read all signs as they are updated with changing conditions.
Service updates will be provided via the St. Johns County Beaches mobile app (available for Apple and Android devices), Twitter feed, and Facebook page. St. Johns County and the Tourist Development Council provide the Reach the Beach shuttles to give St. Johns County residents and visitors a safer and more convenient beach experience.