Christmas gifts (and gifts in general, for that matter) are no easy task. The perfect gift is nearly always something that person already has and finding a thing that’s unique is almost impossible. Good thing we live where we do. St. Augustine is full of craftsmen, innovators, and artisans that are eager to share their works with you. And for the second year in a row, they have a place where they can all come together. That place is the St. Augustine Makers Fest. After the great success of the event in 2016, the hub for the creative has returned. But just in case you’re still not convinced that this event is a must-go-to, we’ve collected all the details and information you need.
It’s simple enough. The St. Augustine Makers Fest will be held on December 10 from 11am-5pm at the Mark Lance National Guard Armory. The entrance fee is $1 per person. Besides the more than 20 vendors, the event will play host to a variety of performers and workshops as well as culinary samplings and beer from Ancient City Brewing.
As of right now, here are the craftsmen and artisans that you can look forward to encountering at the 2017 event –
- Fire & Cork, 100% pure soy candles
- Organic Beard Supply, emotionally aware, plant-based men’s goods
- For the Love of Wood, handcrafted furniture and home decor
- Driftaway Jewelry, handmade jewelry
- Daughter Handwovens, handwoven goods for her and home
- The Happy Sea, ocean-inspired paper products, stickers, and apparel
- Small Batch Naturals, natural and petrol chemical-free beauty products
- Indie Loves Harley, handsewn shirts, pillow, and more
- Bob’s Builds, custom woodwork made from a variety of material and recycled skateboards
- Gypsy Coast Jewelry, handmade jewelry
- JMC Boutique, natural beauty and body care products
- The Nesst, baby goods
- Succulent Strong, succulent and houseplant design
- Short Dog Jewelry, Boho chic jewelry
- Langton’s Scarves & Sundries, handmade scarves and stoles
- Lemonlark Paperie, stationery boutique and paper goods
- Pockets of Sage, handmade fabric products
- Sheri Goldstein Crochet, handmade crochet products
- Round the Rosies, handmade felt floral pieces
- Young at Heart, handmade toys and unique gifts
- Fish Lips Paper & Fabrics, custom-designed paper and fabric goods
To see the full list of vendors and their details, visit www.staugustinemakersfest.org/vendors.
If you want to try your own hand at being a maker, the festival will offer a number of workshops with the attending artisans –
- Woven Necklaces with Daughter Handwovens, 11:30am and 3:30pm
- Multimedia with Jamie Gallery, 12:45pm and 2pm
- Foraged Wreaths with Amy Armstrong, 12:45pm and 2pm
- Watercolor Workshop with Jenny of Lemonlark, 11:30am and 3:30pm
To sign up for one of the workshops and to see the materials you will need to provide, visit www.staugustinemakersfest.org/workshops. Each workshop costs $35.
In addition to the workshops, a variety of free craft activities will be offered. You and your little ones will learn to make robot paper dolls, glass lanterns, wine cork reindeer, and even origami. For a full list of the Makers Stations, visit www.staugustinemakersfest.org/maker-stations.
Once again, the festival promises to be a fun, crafty celebration of all things local! The proceeds from the event benefit St. Augustine Public Montessori. For more information on the 2017 Market and to become a sponsor, visit www.staugustinemakersfest.org.