The St. Augustine Amphitheatre is thrilled to announce that live music will resume in January 2021! The St. Augustine Amphitheatre reopens with blues & swampy Southern rock group JJ Grey & Mofro for two nights on Friday, January 15 and Saturday, January 16, 2021. Tickets for JJ Grey & Mofro go on sale this Friday, October 30 at 10am at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre Box Office and online at Ticketmaster.com.
From the days of playing greasy local juke joints to headlining major festivals, Jacksonville, Florida native JJ Grey remains an unfettered, blissful performer, singing with a blue-collared spirit over the bone-deep grooves of his compositions. His presence before an audience is something startling and immediate, at times a funk rave-up, other times a sort of mass-absolution for the mortal weaknesses that make him and his audience human. When you see JJ Grey and his band Mofro live – and you truly, absolutely must – the man is fearless. Onstage, Grey delivers his songs with compassion and a relentless honesty.
JJ Grey & Mofro live at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre on Friday, January 15 and Saturday, January 16, 2021 will be the first show at The Amp since going dark in March due to the COVID-19 health crisis. To protect the health of our guests, artists, team members, crew, and the well-being of live music, enhanced health and safety measures are in place, including:
- Face Masks. All guests, team members, and crew are required to wear a face mask (covering the nose and mouth.) Face masks must be worn at all time upon entry and in common areas, but may be removed while in your ticketed seat.
- Temperature & Health Screening. Before entering the venue, guests will have their temperature scanned by a no-touch thermometer. Guests with a temperature of 100.4 F or above will be denied entry. Refunds will be provided to those denied entry.
- Reduced Contact. Updates to reduce contact include walk-through metal detectors, thermal image scanning, and hands-free digital ticketing. All tickets will be digital.
- Physical Distancing. Limited capacity seating is adjusted to promote CDC recommended distancing. Physical distancing is required in common areas, and when entering/exiting the venue.
- Enhanced Cleaning. Routine cleaning and sanitization of facilities/common areas before, during, and after the each event with hospital grade disinfectants. Hand sanitizing stations will also be located throughout the venue.
“We are both excited and prepared to bring live music back to our community,” said Gabe Pellicer, General Manager of the St. Augustine Amphitheatre and Ponte Vedra Concert Hall. “We made it a priority from day one of the pandemic to reopen responsibly, and to reopen quickly, to support the well-being of our community. This has been a tough year for people, and we recognize that our business directly impacts the businesses around us. We want to do our part to help get our community back up and thriving again. By implementing these enhanced safety and health protocols into our operations, we’ll be able to do that, while also providing exceptional concert experiences.”
Tickets for JJ Grey & Mofro live at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre will go on sale this Friday, October 30 at 10am and will be available for purchase at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre Box Office and online at Ticketmaster.com. Effective October 31, 2020, the St. Augustine Amphitheatre Box Office will be open on Fridays from 10am-6pm and Saturdays from 8:30am-12:30pm, and will only accept payment via debit or credit card.
SHOW: JJ Grey & Mofro
VENUE: St. Augustine Amphitheatre
DATE: Friday, January 15 and Saturday, January 16, 2021
TIME: Doors 6:00pm / Show 7:00pm
TICKET PRICES: Ranging from $70.00 – $97.00
WEBSITE: www.jjgrey.com; www.theamp.com
LOCAL CONTACT: Ryan Hall, Marketing & Promotions Specialist [email protected]/ (904) 209-3753