Throughout this 6-week introduction class, students will explore the basic concepts of improvisation in a warm, safe and supportive environment. The class is designed to build self-confidence and explore creativity using the fundamentals of improvisation. Designed for both actors and non-actors, it will expose students to:
* Being – and reacting – in the moment.
* Accepting and building on offers from classmates.
* Embracing – and using – failure.
* Co-creating and collaborating with classmates.
* Practicing communications skills such as active listening & giving/taking focus.
* Thriving in an unscripted environment.
* Being resilient when it’s easier to quit.
Students leaving this course will have a working understanding of the basic fundamentals of improvisational theater as well as an increased appreciation, and comfort, with being on stage – and in life – without a script.
Start Date: Monday, March 29
End Date: Monday, May 3
All classes are 6:30 – 9:00 p.m. at Now + Zen Studio.
Early Bird Registration available through March 22: $155
Regular Registration available March 23 – 29: $175
Studio COVID safety protocols are available at https://www.nowzenstudio.com/policies. Tuition includes a face shield.
For more information about improv events, classes and shows in St. Augustine, please visit www.adventure-project.com