REGISTRATION REQUIRED. Do you suffer with pain related to osteoporosis, fractures, or a bent over or curved spine? Are you afraid to move due to the pain or fear of fracturing? Do you have a family history of osteoporosis and are concerned for your own bone health? Have you been diagnosed with osteoporosis or osteopenia and did not know there are things you can do today to prevent fractures and help promote bone growth safely?
At our workshop you will learn:
• The single biggest mistake in movement which can cause spinal fractures
• How your hip can break without a fall
• The most common causes of osteoporosis
• How you can read and follow your bone density score
• Nutritional facts to build bone density with special guest speaker
• The best exercises to build bone density and prevent fractures
• Safety and fall prevention techniques and so much more!
Lee Spannhake is a physical therapist and owner of IN HOME BODY IN BALANCE. She is certified in the treatment of those with osteoporosis and it is her mission to educate anyone diagnosed with this life altering bone disease on the safe way to manage though movement and exercise. Keri Bomarito is a registered and licensed dietitian nutritionist and owner of SEASIDE NUTRITION. She takes the stress and confusion out of healthy eating and focuses on healing from the inside out. Please call the Main Library at 904.827.6940 to register or for more information.