Chicken Salad Chick, the nation’s only Southern-inspired, fast casual chicken salad restaurant concept, is opening its newest restaurant right here in St. Augustine. Marking the brand’s third opening in Florida this year with existing locations in South Tampa and Vineland Pointe with an additional restaurant in Windermere slated to open later this year, the St. Augustine restaurant emphasizes Chicken Salad Chick’s continued development efforts in the state. Located at 1000 South Ponce de Leon Boulevard, the restaurant will celebrate its grand opening on July 23 with free chicken salad for a year (yeah, you read that right) to the first 100 guests.
During grand opening week, St. Augustinians will experience the Southern hospitality that Chicken Salad Chick is known for, with giveaways and specials that include:
- Tuesday, July 23 – Free Chicken Salad for a Year – The first guest will receive one large Quick Chick of chicken salad per week for an entire year; the next 99 guests receive a free large Quick Chick of chicken salad per month for a year.* Any guest not part of the first 100 in line can make a purchase and enter to win free chicken salad for a year.**
- Wednesday, July 24 – The first 50 guests to purchase a Chick Trio will receive a free custom Chick tumbler.
- Thursday, July 25 – The first 50 guests to make a purchase of $25 or greater will receive a free Chick beach towel.
- Friday, July 26 – Any guest that purchases a Chick Special will receive a free upgrade to a Chick Trio.
- Saturday, July 27 – The first 50 guests to purchase two large Quick Chicks will receive a free large Chick cooler.
*Eligible winners must be over 16 years of age, purchase The Chick and are required to download the Craving Credits app. Redemption will start 7/29.
**Eligible winners must be over 16 years of age, must purchase a Chick Special and are required to download the Craving Credits app. 10 winners will be announced at the end of the day. Redemption will start 7/29.
The St. Augustine restaurant is owned and operated by multi-unit franchise owners David Harris, Ken Greene, Rand Jones, and Bart Middlebrooks of Surechick LLC. The team has extensive experience in the franchising and foodservice industry, owning three additional Chicken Salad Chick locations across Georgia, as well as a Zaxby’s restaurant and a Two Men and a Truck location. General Manager Laney Brittingham, who has worked alongside David and the team at the Albany location, will oversee operations at the St. Augustine restaurant.
“My partners and I opened our first Chicken Salad Chick restaurant in 2015, and from that moment, we knew we wanted to bring the brand’s made from scratch flavors and exceptional dining experience to additional communities,” says David. “We’re thankful for the opportunity to continue an amazing partnership with a brand that spreads joy to so many people and look forward to serving the residents in St. Augustine. We have no doubt that Chicken Salad Chick will make an impact in this community and we can’t wait to welcome guests into our store.”
The Chicken Salad Chick concept was established in 2008 by founder, Stacy Brown. With more than a dozen original chicken salad flavors as well as fresh side salads, gourmet soups, signature sandwiches and delicious desserts, Chicken Salad Chick’s robust menu offers a variety of options suitable for any guest. In 2015, Eagle Merchant Partners purchased a majority stake in Chicken Salad Chick, and under the leadership of CEO Scott Deviney and team, the company now has 125 restaurants currently open in 15 states and remains a standout brand within the fast casual segment.
Chicken Salad Chick in St. Augustine will be open Monday – Saturday from 10am–8pm. For more information, visit www.chickensaladchick.com. For more information on giveaways and specials, visit www.facebook.com/ChickenSaladChickStAugustine.